Many of our Bait stations are geared for the Bow Hunter in mind with ranges set up from 15 to 30 yards. Ladder stands are 15 feet in height and always placed downwind of the bait station to minimize the chances of the Bear winding your scent. We highly recommend keeping your hunting clothes in a scent free container away from other items to maintain as scent free as possible while in your stand. Changing into your hunting clothes just prior to accessing your stand and applying scent shield are two more tactics that can put the odds in your favor to harvest a trophy Black Bear. While a Black Bears nose is it's strongest asset, hunters also must not underestimate the Black Bear's sight and hearing ability. You will greatly increase your odds of tagging a nice trophy by minimizing your movement and noise while hunting in your stand. " Be patient and let the Bear present you with a good clean shot "
Crossbow and Longbow Specifications
When archery hunting the following specifications must be met.
· Draw length must be at least 11.8 inchesBolt head must be at least 0.9 in at widest point; and there must be at least 2 cutting edges of straight ,sharp,unserrated , barbless steel
· Draw weight must be at least 119lbs
· Draw weight must be at least 48.5 lbs at draw length of 27.6 inches or less
· Arrow length must be at least 23.6 inches
· Broad head must be at least 0.9 inches at the widest point and there must be at least 2 cutting edges of straight,sharp,unserrated,barbless steel
· For bow hunting Black Bear we recommend a compound bow with a draw weight of no less than 50lbs and a 100 grain broadhead Hunter Orange:
All archery hunters while hunting Black Bear are required by law to wear hunter orange except when in your tree stand. A hunter orange garment and head cover must be worn with the garment covering a minimum of 400 square inches above the waist